TECHNET Archives

December 2006

From:
Dieter Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dieter Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:18:53 -0600
Dear all,

Because of all the material and process changes everyone seems to be
rethinking their method of testing reliability of boards, assemblies,
and materials. Because of all this re-evaluation which was determined
through the development of the IPC 2006/2007 International Technology
roadmap, the members of the roadmap team suggested that the entire topic
needed to be aired at an open forum.

What better way to do this than to provide the opportunity during the
IPC APEX, EXPO, and Designer Summit Meetings in Los Angeles in February.
Go to the IPC web site and check out the Free Forums that will be given
there. You will find the following listing.

Reliability Summit: Keeping Industry Reliability Test Protocols Current
with Rapidly Changing Markets
        Friday, 2/23/2007       8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

        It's an understatement to say that reliability testing has
become a challenge for our industry. New technologies and new markets
lead to new requirements for testing. Standards cannot keep up with the
pace of change. And yet, reliability testing is more crucial today than
ever before. Attend this free one-day session to discuss current
industry initiatives and make plans for a path forward. This session is
sponsored by IPC and iNEMI in cooperation with GEIA, HDPUG and JEDEC.
Please register in advance to allow proper arrangements to be made.

We urge all interested individuals to attend. The goal of the open forum
will be to agree on the structure needed for current and future testing
and evaluation techniques.

Best regards,

Dieter Bergman