TECHNET Archives

December 2006

From:
Dave Simonik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:33:35 -0500
  Yes, I believe this is definitely true. Using my metal detector at a Lake
George NY elementary school, (Just off Bloody Pond Road) I unearthed several
'Three Ring Minnie's' from the Revolutionary war. Evidently, the grounds
that now make up the school were a training camp. Indeed they are encased in
a whitish oxide, but appear to be intact, except for the one that was fired,
and the one that has teeth marks in it. If I find some time, I'll dig em'
out of the closet and shoot a photo or two of them. I'll forward to Steve
the photo's for all to see.

Dave S.