LEADFREE Archives

December 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
pearl petras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:41:28 -0500
So...
  An assembly house installs one SnPb component on a leadfree assembly.
  This has never happened to anyone else has it???
  Two different assembly contractors in less than two months have done the same thing.  The first case, the customer was willing to accept RoHS 5 boards, so we never tested to determine whether there was unacceptable levels of contamination.
  Has anyone ever had testing done to see if Pb can be acceptably removed by the following process:
  Remove component with rework machine
  Wick off all remaining solder from pads with soldering iron
  Replace tip on iron
  Hand solder new leadfree component with leadfree solder onto the board.

  0.1%...I keep having 0.1% running thru my head...