LEADFREE Archives

December 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Mike Kirschner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:17:44 -0600
Hi Joe,

I agree. But in the meantime companies have to comply, having failed to beat
it. One of the best pieces of graffiti I've ever seen is "obey good laws,
break bad ones"...not really practical when one is a corporation and one is
talking about real laws with real consequences. So I say work to change it.

To paraphrase Scoop Nisker, "if you don't like the laws, go out and make
some of your own".

Mike

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 01:22:10 EST, Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 12/26/2006 5:10:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>The bottom line of REACH is that it will be law; like RoHS companies will
>need to comply with it.
>

>Greetings Mike
>
>Thanks for your post and links.
>
>Relative to your comment above I would suggest that badly formulated or not
>well thought out laws need to be changed and made right and not simply complied
>with.
>
>If something is worth doing it is worth doing right as the old saying goes.
>
>Kind regards,
>Joe

>the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Leadfree
>To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of Leadree for vacation breaks send:
SET Leadfree NOMAIL/(MAIL)