TECHNET Archives

November 2006

From:
Corey A Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Corey A Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:11:46 -0600
Irving,

I've have been through several fluxes so far. Your best bet is something

with a small amount of rosin to give the flux enough time on the wave.

Currently I have a water based no-clean flux with a small amount of rosin

that is working real well on test boards.   With regards to trying other

surface finishes.  There was a paper at SMTAI 06 that mentioned SnCuNi as

a surface finish and it  had similar erosion traits as SnPb you might want

to look into that but you would have to weigh the issues.

Best regards,

CP