TECHNET Archives

November 2006

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:02:05 +0200
12 µ" = 0.3 µm. I'd say that you need at least 1 µm of electrolytic Au
to avoid your problem. Chapter 23 of Reid & Goldie, Gold Plating
Technology, provides 11 pages of dense material on Porosity. Current
density is an important factor and Leeds and Clarke determined there is
an optimum, as well as the composition. I seriously suggest this book
(http://www.elchempub.com/epfiles/ep11.htm)

Brian