TECHNET Archives

October 2006

From:
Thad Schultz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Thad Schultz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:20:45 -0700
All,

What IPC spec discusses recommended SMD to SMD clearances?  We are trying to update our internal documents to coincide with the latest industry standards.  What I am after is the recommended SMD to SMD clearances when laying out a PCB.  What should discrete chip to discrete chip spacings be?  SOIC to SOIC?  Discrete to SOIC?  PLCC to PLCC?  Basically all combinations of one part type to another including the different possible rotations.  I have an old diagram from IPC-SM-782 but I think it is outdated and replaced by another IPC spec.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thad Schultz

EDA Librarian / Sys Admin

Woodward Industrial Controls

ph (970)498-3570

fax (970)498-3077

www.woodward.com

***

The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail delete this e-mail and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.

***