TECHNET Archives

October 2006

From:
Daniel Blass <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Daniel Blass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:35:01 -0500
Inge,

We have plenty of negative data on lead-free, whether it is reliability of
the solder, IMC voiding on copper pads, mixing Pb and Pb-free solder, PCB
damage in Pb-free reflow, etc.  But our job is to be pragmatic, to look for
solutions and know what can and cannot be done.

I'd rather be using PbSn solder but that is not the political reality today.

Daniel Blass
Process Research Engineer
Area Array Consortium
Advanced Process Laboratory