TECHNET Archives

October 2006

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:11:18 +0200
(Steve, will examine your mystery picture later.)

Yes, pull values insufficient. As low as 25 grams. The presented area is a
non bonded area, in fact the ENIG looks this way nearly all over the board.
Some pads are OK, others worse than the one on the wall.

127um, undoped wire.

No, don't think those objects are intermetallics.

The pulled area looks quite normal, that's what twists my brain. I'll fix
SEM images on that too for you.

No, nothing changed in the process. We have made about 2 million boards in
this line before this ocurred.

Could be a thin contamination, because the 'blackish' objects you see on the
SEM image are only visible at EHT 1-5 kV.

Thanks for your engagement, even if it's not a Friday question, but real
disaster.

Inge