TECHNET Archives

October 2006

From:
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:43:21 -0500
Knowledge of all topics related to various lead-free alloys and the related changes in materials and assembly processes are clearly in limbo. Nearly every single day another problem is found with using lead-free alloys or the hotter processes or the different materials and components, including the printed wiring board. This situation that the EU got the industry into has cost billions of dollars in lost hardware, lost production schedules, etc.
For those of you who can afford to, I would encourage you once again to fully qualify your processes and your product before you ever start production. And I would start with the PWB at the fabrication level.