LEADFREE Archives

October 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 00:04:13 -0500
Hi IPC LF Listservers,

For those of us who get SMT Magazine we may have already seen the September
2006 article by Dr Ron, (Ron Lasky), in SMT Magazine's Surface Mount
Process Optimization regular column. As soon as it is available on
www.smtmag.com one of us should post the link.

The title is " "Repeal RoHS" Movement Emerges", which is a bit ODD to me
for a Process Optimization column. Oh Well !!. SMT Magazine should probably
change the column title to a free flowing opinion piece.

This opinion piece by Ron is extremely negative on anyone who opposes Lead-
Free as if they are just un-informed underclass persons. Dr Ron is not
alone in this approach. In a older good book with lots of good information
from the Univ of Maryland (CALCE) the same opinion was written for anyone
who stands for sound engineering or even asks "Just Why are we doing this?"
or  "Where's the data?" . CALCE too, was not alone for jumping on the
current political band wagon.

(For reflection is a historical data point that the first emperor of China
sealed in his mercury tomb, all his chief engineers that engineered his
tomb)

Anyway, I like Dr Ron, know him personally, and Dr Ron sometimes reads this
list. Even SO for those who get the magazine let the comments begin on his
article. I will add mine a little later.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave

P.S. I hope a Canadian Goose was caught by RockWellC DavyH.