LEADFREE Archives

October 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthew Park <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:52:28 -0600
Pete,

Chances are your manufacturing is right. Multiple heating cycles do not
increase or induce black pads. You might be getting bad boards from your
board shop. It is possible nickel layers were oxidized before
electroless immersion gold process by your board shop, or gold layer
could be too thin or non-existent.

I might have some images of black pad phenomenon. Let me know. I can dig
thru. If I find some, I can email you off-line.

Regards
Matthew P.