DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 08:33:19 -0500
Heather,
        We have had boards come in with that doughnut style fid, the
manufacture is contacted right away and it is removed on the next order.
I do not think your problem would be related to plating unless your fid
diameter was changing due to the plating. Is this board, panel or local
fids? If they are panel fids did the bare board manufacture use copper
dots as copper balancing on the assembly rails?  If they are board or
local fids are there vias, plated TH or round pads near that fid
location?

Regards,

Ted