DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Nick Meyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:01:32 -0700
My client in the Los Angeles area has retained me to find a MEMS Plating
Engineer.  This company is very growth-oriented (grew from 15 people to 105
people in two years), and has excellent growth in business and revenues, as
well.  They are still pre-IPO, offering stock options, making this a great
time to join.  Their technology is quite advanced in the field, and my last
placement for them was a PhD out of a National Laboratory who was an expert
in LIGA plating.  The emphasis is primarily on electroforming of Copper,
Gold and Rhodium.  Hands-on industrial/manufacturing experience is required.

Please respond if you are interested or have any referrals.  You may forward
this email as widely as you wish.  My email is [log in to unmask]  Please
do not reply to the list, but to me directly.

Nick Meyler

Senior VP

Wingate Dunross

ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211

<www.wdsearch.com>

POSITION:  MEMS Plating Engineer

COMPANY:  This position is for a young energetic startup that is applying
advanced microfabrication technologies to the semiconductor MEMS industry.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

*                    The new engineer will be responsible for maintaining
several plating chemistries for a MEMS production fab.  This includes
solving any problems with the plating baths and the plating process.
Chemistries currently in use include Ni, Ni alloys, Precious Metals, and Cu.
The responsibilities for these plating baths will be split with the current
plating team.

*                    The new engineer will be expected to use structured
problem solving methods such as Six Sigma to improve the current
manufacturing processes.  This will require a strong ability to troubleshoot
and solve problems, to set up and run DOE's, to work independently, and to
create manufacturing procedures and documentation to prevent problems in the
future.

*                    The successful candidate will be responsible for
assuring that all bath parameters are kept in control and in a
manufacturable state and that the baths have high uptime and are repeatable.

*                    The successful candidate will work with maintenance to
determine proper PM schedules and to maintain bath control.

*                    The successful candidate must have the ability to work
effectively as part of a team.

QUALIFICATIONS:

*        Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related
field

*        2-5 years electroplating experience required.

*        Previous manufacturing experience required.

*        Experience with SPC, DOE, statistical data analysis, process
control, and structured problem solving.

*        Proven track record of problem solving and successful project
management.

*        Demonstrated ability to work independently.

*        Preference will be given to individuals with experience in Ni, Ni
Alloys, Cu, and/or Au electroplating.

*        Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with
MEMS processing.

*        Preference will be given to individuals with Six Sigma and/or
advanced process control experience.