TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
Brad Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brad Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:18:47 -0400
John,
If not careful this could turn into a real Project... sorry I had too; the Parsons Project...
I usually no bid these configs unless an intelligent person from the Customer side can relate exactly what the reasons are or at least convince you that the reasons are valid; such as using constantan verses copper.  Even then, some of these projects become a charity and you are the major contributor and then when your done you basically made it to print; make sure you get properly funded.
There is an obsolete version of a _ _ _ _ spec requiring tin plate over all copper for adhesion reasons; but these were boards that went into iPods for dinosaurs and todays material sets are leaps better.  As to gold directly to copper, that configuration is usually referred to as "oops".
Brad