TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dehoyos, Ramon
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:00:03 -0400

        Joel:
        Some pastes can be tacky for weeks (Sipad) and some will loose
their tackiness in an hour and parts start sliding over the solder
balls, at which time parts need to be taken off the board, board cleaned
and part placement process started again. It all depends on the solder
paste formulation. Placing a board on its side will risk parts sliding
down, not recommended, unless you are using Sipad, very tacky firm
paste.
        Regards,
        Ramon