TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:53:31 -0700
Probably related Steve.

If the pads look like copper, then it is either a total skip plate OR it has
skipped nickel and the gold plate has dissolved into the copper.

If you have some bare boards showing the issue it is a relatively simple
task to get the board vendor to confirm with XRF.

On a reliability issue I would say yes you are pretty much hosed.

John