TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:47:37 -0500
Ingemar,
Danke Schoen!
Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Hfjord [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:12 PM
To: TechNet E-Mail Forum; Stadem, Richard D.
Subject: Re: [TN] Delamination

Agree. E.g. our Signal&Data Processor boards for aircrafts and
satellites take an immense time to make according to fulfilling a lot of
requirements.
The PbCO3 problem that I've announced for help, is about such expensive
boards. It's not unusual that components on these boards cost  1,000 USD
each, or even more. If the failure is within accepted repair conditions,
we do repair and MRB them. Such boards may pass the loop both two or
three times before they meet the conformance requirements. We inspect
each incoming board, the supplier performs cleanliness tests on coupons
regularly and we visit the supplier repeatedly, but despite that, small
delaminations or other failures can occur. What do you do with hundreds
of such boards when you find such a minor failure? You can't scrap
boards for millions of dollars. Making mobile phone boards or
electronics for the toy industry is of course an other situation. But
you don't seem to belong to that category.

Inge