TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
Chris Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:01:18 -0400
Hi Inge-

Thanks! So do you determine an acceptable amount of time for growth to
bridge conductors for each board and specify it in your documentation? Do
you receive and inspect boards internally and build your own product or do
everything via CEM's?

We divested ourselves of most of our internal capability a few years back
(not 'core' business), and have been documenting like madmen ever since...

-Chris

                       "Hfjord"
                       <[log in to unmask]>        To:   "TechNet E-Mail Forum" <[log in to unmask]>, Chris
                                                           BALL/AuburnHills/VSDS/VALEO@VALEO
                       09/14/2006 08:37 AM               cc:
                                                         Subject:    Re: [TN] bareboard cleanliness related to
                                                           surface finish

Chris,

we use this simple method for checking cleanliness. Cheap. Simple. Good
enough to us.
Nothing wrong with academics, don't misunderstand, but academics can
sometimes be
blind to simple ways. I love simplicity. Albert did too...he-he

http://www.ipc.org/4.0_Knowledge/4.1_Standards/test/2.6.13.pdf

Inge