TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
"Wenger, George M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wenger, George M.
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:40:26 -0400
William,

I've noted that there have been several requests on TN recently about
conformal coating.  I don't have enough experience with conformal
coating to be able to provide useful information but I am curious why
your several customers are asking for conformal coating on their PCB
assemblies.   Do you know if there requests are due to deployment of
their products in environments that don't have good air quality (i.e.,
Asia-Pacific, India, etc.)?

Regards,
George
George M. Wenger
Andrew Reliability/FMA Engineer
40 Technology Drive, Warren, NJ 07059
(908) 546-4531 [office]  (732) 309-8964 [mobil]