TECHNET Archives

September 2006

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Hfjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:20:56 +0200
Yap, wavelength and particle size ought to match. Allegory:  heavy waves at
sea against supertanker or Niemitz : not much happens. Same waves against
you in your yacht: at least sea sickness, if not a catastroph. The wave will
lift you up and down violently (node energy) shake and damage a lot. The
length of your boat corresponds to the wavelength of the sea. On the other
side, a very small toyboat will be unaffected, because of its little size
and little mass, even if that too will jump up and down.
40 MHz waves in liquids corresponds to o10um wavelength, so your saysman is
right.
Do you understand? No? Nor do I--

I've some written in more precise form, I you need

Inge