TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:24:53 -0500
Richard,

MIL-P[RF]-55110/50884/31032 documents clearly state "no repair", of course
if these are military product built to IPC-6010 series then repair may be
performed I agree repair is allowed.

Many OEMs such as Raytheon, LMCO, Boeing, provide PCB suppliers with PCB
Fabrication or Acceptance Specifications which state the same (no repair, or
repair with prior communication), I've reviewed many of these and have had
to comply with these requirements.

I don't disagree that there are many OEMs which would accept this particular
repair (repaired delamination) But in my experience over the past 10 years
I've not seen one of my customers even consider discussing repairing
delaminated product, and as mentioned, today I would not even entertain the
idea of asking them.

Did you say you're building PCB's costing $50,000.00...wow, I'm impressed,
I'm now interested in the design you're building? What material type, layer
count, features, etc. If it does not violate any proprietary of NDA of
course.

Franklin