TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
Chris Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:28:32 -0400
Thank you Joe, Mike, and Richard, for your quick and concise responses. I
appreciate it.

If you ever happen across exactly where the cleanliness levels for various
PCB types are documented, I'd appreciate another message. All I've been
able to find in 6012 is a generic 1.56uM, with no mention of particular
surface finish. Likewise elsewhere.

I have a copy of IPC-TR-583, but if it addresses this issue I've not
located that area. Likewise have skimmed 600G and the TM-650 entries.

Thank you for being here, TECHNET.

-Chris

                       "Stadem, Richard D."
                       <[log in to unmask]        To:   [log in to unmask]
                       >                                 cc:
                       Sent by: TechNet                  Subject:    Re: [TN] bareboard cleanliness related to
                       <[log in to unmask]>                   surface finish

                       09/12/2006 05:32 PM
                       Please respond to TechNet
                       E-Mail Forum; Please
                       respond to "Stadem,
                       Richard D."

Somewhere in the IPC PWB standards, there are cleanliness levels listed
for the different types of PWBs. I think it is listed in 6012, but I am
not sure. But I know I have seen the spec. and there are different
levels of ionic cleanliness required for different surface finishes.