TECHNET Archives

September 2006

From:
James Verrette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, James Verrette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:27:42 -0400
What are the most popular panel sizes for reputable PCB fabricators in
Asia that would do high volume 4 layer boards?  The two I come across
the most in US PCB shops is 18 x 24 and 21 x 24 with 18 x 24 appearing
to be most popular.  I'm trying to come up with an array size with a
maximum number of circuits that will give us the best utilization of
panel area.  I'm assuming .75" for borders and .100" between rectangular
arrays.  My goal is to end up with something that works with many
suppliers not just one.

Jim Verrette
Electrical Engineer