TECHNET Archives

August 2006

From:
Colin McVean <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Colin McVean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:37:18 +0100
I guess it "depends!" - I can't believe I have fallen into using that
phrase! - Dependant on the supplier that is - We have been using
Enthone's Alpha-Star process, for some months now, and it's previous
incarnation of Alpha-Level. I am sure that MacDermid's Sterling process
has different specs too. There are several white papers from Enthone
regarding the reliability and robustness of the process and
solderability etc, but I don't recall seeing anything regarding
embrittlement of the solder bath. I guess a call to Enthone may shed
some light on the question. I'll ask and let the forum know.

Colin McVean M.Inst.C.T.
Production Manager
Artetch Circuits Limited
Main: 01903 725365