TECHNET Archives

August 2006

From:
Bob Arciolla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Arciolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 16:40:52 -0400
Hi Sue,
A couple years ago we had the same problem. And we did send the units over
the wave solder a second time. As IPC 610 notes, you can verify with 10X or
reflow. Agreeing with you that there is no mention of reliability if you
reflow, it is a big gamble to resolder but really need to know what type of
components are on your boards as our boards did not have and IC's, mainly
resistors, transformer. At this time, we do have component prep equipment to
cut and form our components (we do have more heat sensitive components now).
Short term suggestion would be cutters that cut and clinch.

Bob Arciolla
Endicott Research Group
Quality/Safety Manager
607  754-9187 ex 3034