TECHNET Archives

August 2006

From:
Eddie Rocha <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Eddie Rocha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:02:03 -0700
The name was or is Durabond. We no longer use it because
the cost is higher than the alternative oxides.
Thank you,
Eddie Rocha

John:  There was an immersion Tin type oxide replacement
that bounced around for awhile... it was an immersion Tin,
followed by a Silane treatment, and worked quite well.... I
have forgotten the name of this process, but at one point a
number of shops did it.   I have a suspicion that the
number of shops doing this anymore could be counted on one
hand...  The last shop I was aware doing this process in
our area (Northern CA) went out of business 18+ months ago.

Rudy Sedlak

John Parsons <[log in to unmask]> wrote: We are
quoting on a PCB which has some unique, at least to us,
manufacturing
requirements and I was hoping that someone might be able to
provide insight
on some of the challenges we foresee.

There are many hurdles to clear with this part, two of
which are;

-          This 3 layer PCB must have immersion tin plating
on all
conductors, inner and outer layers.  Does anyone know if
the pre-preg will
successfully bond to the immersion tin plated surfaces?

-          The outer layers of this part will have areas of
selective gold
plating, 50u",plated directly to copper, no nickel
interface.  Are we likely
to see problems with bond between the gold and copper?

John Parsons

following text in
To temporarily halt or (re-start) delivery of Technet send
e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet NOMAIL or (MAIL)
To receive ONE mailing per day of all the posts: send
e-mail to [log in to unmask]: SET Technet Digest
http://listserv.ipc.org/archives
Please visit IPC web site
http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for
additional information, or contact Keach Sasamori at
[log in to unmask] or 847-615-7100 ext.2815