TECHNET Archives

July 2006

From:
Carl Beharry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl Beharry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:58:08 -0400
Hello fellow Technetters,

Would like some advise from the experts out there.

We have always assembled pcb with minimal solder balls that usually gets
washed away in the cleaning process, hence not creating any major problems.
However, recently we have been getting involve with more complex boards that
has alot of 1mm and .8mm low profile bga's.
The problem that we are noticing is that the solder balls that never was a
problem before are now getting stuck under the bga's, sometimes creating shorts.
I am not sure if we can eliminate solder balls completely but would
like to know how the experts are resolving a problem of this sort.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Regards,
Carl Beharry
Ectronics, Inc.