TECHNET Archives

July 2006

From:
Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:50:12 -0500
In each MIL-PRF-55110 specification it states it is cancelled for new
designs (paraphrase). You will not find anything from DSCC stating use IPC
6012 instead of 55110...sorry.

What this means basically is that each earlier version (except for -, A, and
B I believe) may only be used for existing designs.

Some companies maintain separate inspection/test procedures for each of the
different revisions (C through G1) while others maintain systems to comply
with the current revision only.

In Appendix D of the MIL-PRF-55110 specifications there are guidelines for
using the current revision to inspect/test product originally spec'd to
earlier revisions.

DSCC's unwritten preference if companies choose to maintain a QML (55110)
instead of a QPL (31032) system is use the current revision but they will
not provide this in writing.

The important factor is agreement between the customer and supplier.

If a fabrication drawing states 55110C, 55110G may still be used if agreed
upon and documented in the quote and PO documents.

If the customer wants compliance to 55110 you cannot certify it to 6012
without their prior documented authorization, then it is their
responsibility to explain the change to the government.

Hope this helps

Franklin