TECHNET Archives

July 2006

From:
John Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:35:22 -0700
Sorry for the delay in replying to those who provided ideas but I have had a
couple crazy days.  Thanks for all the suggestions.  There are some good
ones and I think I will pass most along to my customer.   I will try to
describe a little cleared what the set-up is.  The ferrous vane is currently
cut from stainless and blocks or more accurately interrupts the magnetic
field between the magnet and the Hall.  I will try an ASCII picture to give
a rough idea of the profile

   ___     ___     ___     ___

  |     |__|    |__|    |__|     |__

Hopefully you get the idea.  The application is outdoors so likely the
corrosion resistant properties of the stainless are a benefit.  The idea to
go to a PCB is just to eliminate the high cost of laser cutting the
stainless and the lead time issues associated with the process.  I have
already passed along the idea of nickel plating to the customer and they
think that might work.

Thanks again.

John Parsons

  _____