LEADFREE Archives

July 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:58:08 -0700
Lead free electronics as you say Sheri will have no impact.

Interesting stats from Unicef - no break down though as to cause.

For anyone wondering why the US mortality numbers are so high in that chart
compared to say Europe, I believe I can throw some light on it. We are
moving into a house with a pool in a few weeks. I did some research while
looking into a pool fence for visitors children and our two puppies to keep
them out of the pool.

The number one cause of death of children in the US in the age group 0 to 5
years is actually drowning, and over half of those deaths are pool related.

That is a snippet of info for those that scanned the list and did the math!!

John