TECHNET Archives

June 2006

From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:30:34 -0500
I also found the article disturbing. Some of the facts in the article
don't quite add up.

They sampled a small percentage. Obviously (I hope) they chose a sample
size based on the number of defective assemblies they were seeing that
would ensure the problem caps would be detected if present. I assume
this was after the fact was discovered. The article states that they did
not find any bad caps. Was not the sample size large enough, or is the
problem something else? I am assuming there are capacitors from the bad
lot still available for inspection.
All of the bashing of Guidant's processes is not only unprofessional,
but also very suspicious. These processes are carefully monitored by
medical quality auditors. If the problem was in product released by
Guidant and still being manufactured by Boston Sci, how come they did
not find the problem, either?