TECHNET Archives

June 2006

From:
Scott Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Scott Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:11:14 -0700
Oh yes those were the days ay Phil? I remember doing a Z80 uP board with
about 80 to 100 devices on it and using clad Vector board with a pad
cutter. Now talk about design and planning! I placed all the IC's and
discretes on the board, marked all the locations that needed to be cut
from the plane, put the pads free, then reinstalled the pars and
soldered them in place. Oh yes, THEN I started the wire-wrap part. The
best WW gun I had was the Standard Pneumatic with their CSW bits. Little
did I know that later I would work for the parent company of them and
designed a board or two for them also. Oh what fun we had... :-)
Later...