TECHNET Archives

June 2006

From:
"Black, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Black, Paul
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:26:20 -0400
Hi TechNetters,

I have a double sided board that uses an ImAg finish. I run one side on one SMT line and the other side on a separate line, but sometimes the second line is being used for other product and may not be available for up to a week. I understand that ImAg tarnishes over time and have also heard that subjecting the board to reflow will speed up the tarnishing process on unsoldered pads. Should I be worried about solderability issues on the second side of my board if I wait a week in between processing the two sides? I am running a no-clean, leadfree process without nitrogen, and the boards reside in a 40% - 50%RH environment.

Thank you,

Paul Black

Manufacturing Engineer

Kronos