LEADFREE Archives

June 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:46:45 +0100
Eric is correct in his original assumption; an upgrade or repair to an

existing system is exempt. It does not matter whether the upgrade is

internal or external to the original box - the exemption applies to "the

system" being upgraded........... plus of course there is the network

infrastructure exemption as well, as also pointed out.

Would suggest you produce an internal formal and dated document for your

justification for exemption and put on file - you can then produce this

to the enforcer if he ever comes knocking and even if he disagrees with

your view he should be far more lenient than if you didn't have the

document.

Regards,

Chris