LEADFREE Archives

June 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Genny Gibbard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:18:51 -0600
So, I know that RIM is huge and needs to protect its rep very closely,
so your testing strategy is huge, but how are the littler guys supposed
to be able to do this type of due diligence?  It will probably take just
one whistle-blower aware of one of these pitfalls to probably put many
companies under, if their shipments are stopped at critical times.  I
think most of us are having to trust the manufacturer labels and certs
of compliance.
Comments like yours, below, that you have found non-compliance when it
should have been compliant, just make me shudder...