TECHNET Archives

May 2006

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2006 00:10:06 -0700
A big thanks to all over the last few weeks. Today was a record number of
hits on the web site 17583 hits in 24 hours for the record.

I mentioned a while back about lists and an anonymous ftp. The ftp I am
working over the weekend.

For people who want to discuss the lead in solders environmental issues in a
separate channel rather than majoring on it in these forums I have set up a
facility at Yahoo which you can get to either by going to the main
http://www.RoHSUSA.com site and choosing the contact/join us option on the
menu which will get you to the yahoo sign up. Just fill in an email address
and hit return, the system should do the rest. Note on that system you "are
who you are" there is nothing anonymous, the list is NOT moderated, the
subscription is moderated at the outset only for verification to avoid
"spamming".

Hope this clears at least some of the channel bandwidth for the technical
issues that I am sure will be ensuing over the next few weeks and months.

While writing I just wanted to ask the question if anyone on these links has
actually had any word or visibility of if/when there will be a round 6
review of exemption applications.

I am a little afraid that there is no review set at a time when the industry
may need it most.

Anyway, have fun. If you want you can subscribe to that channel by using
this email address, simply mail to [log in to unmask]

Kind regards,

John

http://www.rohsusa.com <http://www.rohsusa.com/>