TECHNET Archives

May 2006

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 15:54:13 -0500
Hi Dave!

I haven't heard of many dynamic solder pots that are only 1-5 lb.
capacity, they need to be bigger than that just to cover a pump
assembly.

Lead free eh? Means you're probably going to have to buy something
brand-new to get that...pretty much means these two ebay items aren't
lead-free ready:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electrovent-Wave-Solder-Pot-With-Air-Motor_W0QQitemZ
7617501708QQcategoryZ1267QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIR-VAC-PCBRM-12-Solder-Pot-Reflow-Station-w-Tips-Pe
dal_W0QQitemZ7620888495QQcategoryZ57012QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZView
Item

If you go with a AirVac PCBRM-15 (Lead Free compatible) you can't go
wrong, but you're going to pay for it. You always get what you pay for.
http://www.air-vac-eng.com/pcbrm15.htm

Electrovert make something they call a "Wavedipper", I found a used one
CHEAP ($600!!!):

http://www.equipmatching.com/used_equipment/2/40/31388.php

Waage also makes a small wave solder pot, never used them so I can't
comment:

http://www.waage.com/soldpot.html

Wenesco also makes them, never used them, so no comment good or bad:

http://www.wenesco.com/esolderpots.htm

Winslow Automation makes a table-top dynamic solder pot (how come all
these guys start with the letter "W"?):

http://www.winslowautomation.com/model237.asp

But if you ask me my opinion, I would go with a AirVac PCBRM. That
$3,500 one on Ebay is a pretty good price, and it looks like it's in
good shape. The used Electrovert WaveDipper $600 price is unreal if it's
working...Electrovert pretty much make all good stuff.

-Steve Gregory-