TECHNET Archives

May 2006

From:
Daniel Blass <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Daniel Blass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 09:51:45 -0500
That is probably best worked out with the reflow oven vendors for your
needs.  I found our data sheet for Vitronics-Soltec XPM2 ovens.  It lists a
low and high volume rate for N2.  Their 5 zone oven lists N2 flow rates of
400 to 1400 cfh and their 8 zone lists 600 to 1600 cfh.  We have their 8
zone oven in our SMT Lab.  We run it at the upper end of that range with
20-30ppm O2 in the reflow zone.  They offer several options and tweaks to
limit nitrogen consumption but we don't use them in our lab environment.

Regards,

Dan Blass
Process Research Engineer
Area Array Consortium