TECHNET Archives

May 2006

From:
Colin McVean <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Colin McVean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 16:23:04 +0100
In general, "it depends" mainly on the level of assembly and possible
rework situations you need. Standard Tg/Td FR4 products are fine for
say, a 4 layer panel with 3 or 4 above Tg excursions. Indeed, we tell
our customers, that our standard FR4 (Isola's 104TS with higher Td and
slightly filled) will be good for 10 layers as long as it's not hammered
in the heat dept. Therefore, a /24 material will suffice. Above this
technology, we go with high Tg & Td.

There is so much hype about the higher performing materials out there,
but it comes at a cost, and availability issues.

Colin McVean M.Inst.C.T.
Production Manager
Artetch Circuits Limited
Main: 01903 725365