TECHNET Archives

May 2006

From:
Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 15:17:09 -0700
John,
You are doing a fine job collecting and disseminating information and
prodding the RoHS committee.

I looked at your website (almost daily) and noticed the Request for
Exemptions / #16 (from Pulsar Light). They deserve support as they are
saying all the right things:
        The reduction of lead in landfills is barely noticeable. (On top of
that a lot of that lead is vitrified, like they do with some radioactive
waste, in the glass of the CRT-s.)
        The increase in pain in production is very noticeable. (Higher
temperatures = bad consequences, immediate and long term.)
        The loss in reliability is going to be one heck of a pain. (It is
already recognized as critical applications like medical, military and
aerospace are exempt!!! Lower quality of the joint and tin whiskers!)

Regards and keep up the good work,
Ahne.