TECHNET Archives

May 2006

From:
"Black, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Black, Paul
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:16:27 -0400
Hi Franklin,

I am trying to find out from the supplier how many pads are affected. Since I sent out the original posting, they have attached a picture of the board, and from what I can see, all of the affected pads are vias that may also double as test points, but it is a double-sided board and they only included a picture of one side (I am going to request more detailed info, but they are in Taiwan, so it will take another day before I receive an answer). It looks like there may be about 30 of these via/test points, but so far I don't see any component pads that are affected. Looking at the picture, the final finish hasn't been applied yet (it will be ImAg). The silkscreen is on bare copper. The assembly process doesn't use wave solder. It is almost all reflow, with a  few hand installed components. So, you think that I can just have them remove it with a razor knife and then apply the final finish?

Thank you,
Paul Black
Manufacturing Engineer
Kronos