IPC-600-6012 Archives

May 2006

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Lee parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 09:06:53 -0400
Mike

You make a good point. There is not a suitable test method in 650.
Performing this measurement in a repeatable fashion will be difficult. The
procedure may actually be to measure the relative heights of the SMT lands
and then place a spec on the maximum variation within a pattern. Even this
will be difficult and require some specialized equipment.

Best regards

Lee

J. Lee Parker, Ph.D.
JLP Consultants LLC