DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Charles Gervasi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 15:35:13 -0700
Erika,

I agree with Tim.  I would ask the board house for a 4-layer stackup
that is inexpensive and easy for them to fabricate.  Then I would run it
by the EE.  If the EE okays it, you can put that stackup in the fab
drawing.

You might ask the EEs first if they want the inner layer close together.
Sometimes we want them close for extra capacitance between the inner
planes.  Other times it's better for them to be far apart so that outer
traces are close to the planes allowing narrow traces to have a
reasonable impedance.

CJ