TECHNET Archives

April 2006

From:
"Whittaker, Dewey (AZ75)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Whittaker, Dewey (AZ75)
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:27:30 -0700
This is one area where I disagree with the IPC approach. IPC 7711 and
IPC 7721 should have never been put together. There was an expectation
that things that were done in 7711 would meet acceptance criteria
established in J-STD-001 and 610 for class 3. 7721 reflects
methodologies that exist, but are not necessarily compliant with
anything, unless you say so in your own documentation.
Dewey