TECHNET Archives

April 2006

From:
Frank Kimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Frank Kimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:52:03 -0700
Conversion to RoHS may or may not have a large impact on your PCB
function.
As to your specific scenario, I would expect some performance impact due
to Nickel being a RF barrier metal.
You may want to look at an Immersion Silver (IAg) that can actually have
a performance improvement over HASL.
I would suggest you also look at the material you are using to assure
there are no concerns of higher temp degradation.
You may find just changing finish is enough, or you may need to update
your circuit for newer materials and finishes.
Good Luck,
FNK

Frank N Kimmey CID+
Principal PCB Designer