TECHNET Archives

April 2006

From:
Martin Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Martin Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:36:53 -0700
Phil

We have had a similar problem with a potting material wicking up into DB9
connectors.  We ended up having to apply RTV to the interface of the pins
and connector body prior to connector installation.  It was thick enough not
wick inside and contaminate  the pins.  It also sealed the part preventing
the potting from wicking in.  This took some testing to find the right
material for the job but it was well worth it.  Perhaps there is a material
that is compatible with your process that will accomplish this.

Regards,
Martin Butcher