TECHNET Archives

April 2006

From:
Kevin Glidden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:20:13 -0400
Phil,

Option #2 below is a very good option.  A couple more options ...

Use peelable latex mask to fill the connector cavity prior to coat.  Make
sure you leave enough material to get a hand or tweezer on it to get it out.
Test a few pieces first to make sure it is actually removable!

Mask this area from coating and then secondarily apply (brush) a thicker
coating.  There are some coatings with higher viscosities that are less
prone to wicking.  You can also thicken coatings with a filler like
Cab-0-Sil.

Good Luck,
Kevin