TECHNET Archives

April 2006

From:
Kent Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Kent Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:08:41 +1000
Hi,

We are looking at the possibility of assembling our own boards instead
of sending them out to a board loader.

Our quantities are fairly low, and our budget rather modest.

In particular we are after a second hand pick and place machine that
will allow us to place 0603 passives, as well as ICs with a pitch of
20mils. A placement rate of 3600 CPH or faster would be preferred but
not necessarily critical.

Ideally we would like to keep the cost to $10K AUD (~ $7.5K USD), and
obviously due to shipping / inspection reasons a seller in Australia
would be preferred, however our research so far has shown that the
second hand market for this kind of thing here is fairly small and we
will likely have to look at getting something from overseas.

Also, any advice on board loading would be greatly appreciated, we have
components on both sides, including a tsop flash chip on the underside
(the rest of the components on the underside are just 0603 passives). It
has been suggested to us that we won't require gluing however we are not
entirely sure about this.

If anyone has some information that may help us out, or can point us in
the direction of some good resources, or even have / know of someone
looking to sell a second hand P&P machine, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Kent Williams

SCUZ Technologies Pty. Ltd.