TECHNET Archives

April 2006

From:
Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:05:48 -0700
A very nice (but not cheap) method is laser ablation. I have done this to
remove soldermask off some pads on a very expensive board with very
expensive components and with great success.
This process also cuts a little into the FR4 around the pad, as one wants to
make sure the complete pad is bare and therefore one has to overscan the
area to be cleaned.
If you like you can contact me off-line to get more details.

Regards,
Ahne Oosterhof,
Fine Line Stencil / A-Laser, Inc.
Beaverton, OR